After 119 years, the legacy of Jack The Ripper lives on!

I’m afraid so, folks!

I’m referring to the senseless torture and murder of an 8 year old Allahyarhamah Nurin Jazlin Jazimin that shocked the whole Malaysian nation recently. :-(

I wanted to write a story on that case for days now but I really don’t know where to start. My emotions were in complete turmoil as if I’m in some kind of a roller coaster ride. I have anger, sadness and confusion, all rolled into one.

Today however, I brave myself to express my feelings somehow here today. Then again, what’s the point? All the best writings in the world could not bring her back to her grieving parent. No money in the world could even replace her. Indeed, we had lost her. :-(

What is going on with Malaysia today?

What had become to Malaysians today?

I do agree with HarakahDaily that such horrific scourge could only be minimized or lessen with a total implementation of the Islamic law and jurisprudence. Unfortunately, non-Muslims here in Malaysia would definitely disagree with that. Such argument might take years and we simply do not have the time for that, not when we have horrific devils and beasts that live among Malaysians today are still at large somewhere.

In the end, it falls down to common Malaysians like us. It is high time that we truly become a caring society that looks after the needs and security of each other. We can no longer live as if the world out there is some kind of a television show. We can no longer be a watching society. We have to be more interactive. We have to see the world out there as an interactive television show where we can interact and determine the fate of the actors and playmakers.

It is really simple. Be more alert and concerned towards things that happen around us. If you see something funny or suspicious, confront it head on and ask questions. Get involved! If we can do this in numbers, this would deter potential crimes from being committed. InsyAllah…

While I’m at it, I would like to ask those folks over at MalaysiaKini and Malaysia Today to focus more on Malaysian social ills such as what we had learned from Allahyarhamah Nurin’s case. Such news probably not as juicy as the Lingam Tape or Port Klang Free Zone stories but this is the sort of news and stories that bring us Malaysians together. Such news and stories help Malaysians remember that despite all of our differences, we all wanted the same thing.

Peace and security!

To all of my Muslim readers who are reading this today, let us offer our prayers and duas to Allahyarhamah Nurin Jazlin Jazimin.

Al-Fatihah!



Technorati Tags: , ,
Subscribe via RSS or Email:

Promote Malay Women!


Related Posts


0 comments:

Post a Comment