Portraying Islam as an aggressive religion?

I have an interesting video for you today. When I first saw it, I was thinking of using it as some sort of a theme video for my Malay Women in Malaysia blog. But after playing the video for couple of times, I changed my mind. If you are wondering where I got this video from, I found it in Muxlim Dot TV and from the looks of it; I think it is the work of MPACOnline Dot Net.

Personally, I feel that the video is made by some Shiites rather than Sunnis. The rap music in the background sounds more like a cry for battle, pretty hostile if you ask me. Then there is that very disturbing image shown for a short few milliseconds showing a muslimah (Moslem woman) with an RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade)! That was the penultimate No-No for me!

I guess if we are living in a war-torn country like Iraq or Iran, we might have been forced to react in such manner, like what you have seen and heard in the video. Fortunately, we are blessed with peace and harmony in Malaysia. I strongly believe that even PAS, the most outspoken Islamic political opposition party in Malaysia would never portray Islam and the Malaysian Islamic community as aggressors. Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) Himself was a peace-loving man and He never in His lifetime ever portrayed Himself as an aggressor. Why should we stray from the righteous and peaceful path that our Prophet has taken?

To the people behind the video, I only wish to say that I feel your pain and sufferings. My duas and prayers would always be with you wherever you are. But you must be more careful with what you do in the future. Wouldn’t it be better off for all Muslims (Moslems) in the world if you use your talent to spread the message of peace instead of aggression?


This video might be inappropriate and offensive for some folks. Viewer discretion is advised!

Subscribe via RSS or Email:

Promote Malay Women!


Related Posts


0 comments:

Post a Comment