Do we have compensation rights in Malaysia?

Folks!

I stumbled upon this website (reachable at KeypointClaims Dot Com) based in UK and runs by a company known as Keypoint Legal Services. Keypoint Legal Services like the name suggests is a claims management company specializing in helping people getting compensations from the following cases:
  • Suffered personal injuries that was not caused by their negligence (Yes, you can seek compensations for suffering a personal injury in the UK!)
  • Suffered accidents at work, on the road or while on holidays
  • Suffered industrial related diseases such as mesotheolima (caused by asbestos), hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS), noise induced hearing loss (NIHL), dermatitis or asthma.

I’m happy for those Britons for they have such companies that can provide immediate legal services to seek compensations, but what about us here in Malaysia? Do we have such companies or legal service providers in such field?

Perhaps we have but I certainly have never heard of them mentioned in our daily newspapers or television channels before.

My concerns and worries are with those that are currently working or have worked in Malaysian factories. I once worked in large public listed steel fabrication company here in Ipoh. No, I did not suffer from any work related accidents there but my colleague sure did. My previous employer did give him compensations of some kind but I personally think that it was insufficient. It was more like a ‘bribe’ to silence him from making any more noises about the accident.

I’m afraid that such malpractices are common here in Malaysia. Who do we turn to get the right kind of compensations?
Subscribe via RSS or Email:

Promote Malay Women!


Related Posts


0 comments:

Post a Comment